Sunday, November 12, 2017

Floral Pumpkin Centerpiece Workshop

My floral PUMPKIN CENTERPIECE TUTORIAL was such a big hit that I began receiving requests to teach hands on, how to make them. Teaching classes was never even an idea that crossed my mind. While I can easily write up a storm, would it surprise you if I said that talking to a room full of people simply terrifies me? But... I have been trying to challenge myself over the past few months to step outside of my comfort zone, so once I began getting so much encouragement I was excited to jump in and go for it! 


My biggest challenge after deciding to offer a workshop, was where to host it? I have a wonderful friend whom is a local maternity/newborn/child photographer and creates her gorgeous work in her beautiful photography studio. Her entire studio is an old historic home here in the golden isles of coastal Georgia. When I brought the idea of a workshop to her, she was instantly on board and graciously offered her studio and wanted to join in on the workshop! I was ecstatic, as her style and mine blend perfectly and provided the perfect backdrop for my vision.









When planning out my workshop, I wanted my style and "signature" to touch every aspect of it, making the workshop an extension of my home and myself. I am a sucker for details, and when displaying the materials on the workshop table, I really wanted to pay attention to detail, even down to the tape on the packaging.







We opted to keep the class size small and intimate to really provide a fun night of crafting, laughing and snacking with "friends". The result was exactly as I had envisioned and was so much fun! Teaching my first workshop was a pleasant surprise and came natural to me, which was completely un-expected! The turn out was so great that I have now decided to offer more and a few Christmas workshops are already in the works so stay tuned to my blog and Instagram for announcements!






Photography & Styling: Jennifer Ciani

Post a Comment

Simply Ciani © . Design by FCD.