Small Living Room Re-style On A Budget


After spending a few hours on Pinterest the other night, I noticed:
My HOW TO ADD CHARACTER TO YOUR HOME [on a budget] post
has been one of my most popular and most pinned.

Being new to the blogging world, I wasn't often visiting my own blog much after proofreading and publishing my posts, but after seeing it all over Pinterest I decided to click on the link and take a look back and oh boy, was I cringing at the choice & placement of some of my decor!

Being that this post was one of my very first after getting into 'DIY blogging' it was kind of rough around the edges and was put together very fast. At the time, I really didn't know much about Pinterest yet and had no idea that one little blog post would grow so fast in popularity! Fast forward to now, there have been a few little changes that have taken place in our living room that I haven't shared with you all.

In the past year since I began blogging, I have been able to settle more into my 'style'.
It still isn't perfect. & it might not EVER be. But it is a continued process and learning expirence.
My Husband and I are young, 25 years old and married for just 2 years.
The style that we started out with isn't necessicarally the one we fell in love with, it is what we could afford.

Sure, I have a vision of what I wish my home would look like. I have countless folders on my Pinterest of rooms and projects that I wish would instantly come to life, but it all takes time & more importantly money.
The biggest thing I have to keep reminding myself is
"ONE STEP AT A TIME"
I tend to be a perfectionist and want things done NOW.
In the real world, well that's just not doable. 

I have made many mistakes in the past with decor. I noticed that shortly after getting married and moving into our home, we started with nothing. Therefore when I went shopping I bought items that we needed, that were cheap and that just filled up the walls and rooms in our home. Looking back that was a HUGE regret!
I am now stuck with a hoarding closet full of un-wanted accessories, pillows, curtains, bedding and various other items that I can't stand to look at. The price tag may have looked good at the time, but now it is an overwhelming pile of junk.

My biggest lesson: ONLY BUY ITEMS THAT YOU LOVE!

You can still decorate your home within budget & find some great deals, but if you don't really LOVE it, put it back. If you buy only items that you truly love you will end up with a home that is 100% you. Don't be afraid to live with bare walls for awhile, or to sit on the floor for a few weeks. Wait to find that perfect piece that you truly LOVE. Invest in pieces that you will keep for years! It will save you more money in the long run!

This is just a sneak peek, as there are still more changes happening in our living room
(that I will be sharing soon!)

Here are just a few changes that have taken place since my last post:
- new pillows
- new coffee table
- new accent table
- new accessories




& Do you remember the BEFORE?...


 It just needed some tweaking...





DIY Chevron Clothespins








& yes.. my DIY Valentine's Day book page garland is still up




If you have any questions feel free to ask!
And keep posted for my full Living Room reveal with even more changes!

SOURCES:
PILLOWS - Home Goods
RUG - TJ Maxx
VINTAGE WINDOW - Craigslist (Free)
ACCENT TABLE - Craigslist ($15)
TRUNK - Craigslist ($20)
ENTERTAINMENT CENTER - Target
SOFA TABLE - Target
COUCH - Living Spaces
CHAIR - Living Spaces
PICTURE FRAMES - TJ Maxx & Home Goods
BOOKS - Antique Stores
NAUTICAL STORAGE BASKETS - TJ Maxx
LAMPS - Lowes
MIRROR - Craigslist ($30)





10 comments so far

  1. I had no idea (or may have forgotten) you're only 25!! I'm about to turn 25 and your style is so much more sophisticated than mine. My house looks like it's been decorated by a five year old with a love for maps and circus animals :p

    I completely agree with you on only buying items you love though- it's taken us two years to find some pieces of furniture, but it was well worth the wait :)

    xx

    P.S. Perhaps you should sell all your unwanted things and use the money to buy something you really love that can be handed down to your little one? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a big thanks to you! It sounds great not only I liked this, but also everybody will appreciate you on your nice efforts. real estate fort pierce fl دانلود آهنگ های پرطرفدار جدید

      Delete
  2. Have a big thanks to you! It sounds great not only I liked this, but also everybody will appreciate you on your nice efforts. real estate fort pierce fl

    ReplyDelete
  3. دانلود آهنگ ستاره بارون از علی منتظری

    می توانید آهنگ «ستاره بارون» را با صدای علی منتظری از پاپ ملودی دانلود کنید.

    در این ساعت آهنگ «ستاره بارون» از علی منتظری را برای شما عزیزان آماده کرده ایم که می توانید با دو کیفیت 128 و 320 از پاپ ملودی دریافت کنید، همچنین قابلیت پخش آنلاین هم برای این آهنگ مهیا شده. امیدوارم که از شنیدن آهنگ ستاره بارون لذت ببرید. از همراهی شما با پاپ ملودی بسیار خوشحالیم



    https://popmelody.ir/%d8%b9%d9%84%db%8c-%d9%85%d9%86%d8%aa%d8%b8%d8%b1%db%8c-%d8%b3%d8%aa%d8%a7%d8%b1%d9%87-%d8%a8%d8%a7%d8%b1%d9%88%d9%86/

    ReplyDelete
  4. بیوگرافی محیا دهقانی بازیگر و همسرش + اینستاگرام
    بیوگرافی محیا دهقانی بازیگر و همسرش + اینستاگرام را به همراه سوابق هنری و تصاویر شخصی به مناسبت حضور در…

    https://irjavan.com/%d8%a8%db%8c%d9%88%da%af%d8%b1%d8%a7%d9%81%db%8c-%d9%85%d8%ad%db%8c%d8%a7-%d8%af%d9%87%d9%82%d8%a7%d9%86%db%8c-%d8%a8%d8%a7%d8%b2%db%8c%da%af%d8%b1/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, pinterest is really a fantastic place to keep connected. Just revealed your awesome project. Seriously the living room renovation you stated with your sweet words made me so so pleased and excited. All the items in the room look very beautiful and tempting. I appreciate your amazing work. Yeah, we should always keep our consideration only to our loving items especially when it comes to the question of home decoration. BTW for the readers here from Australia who love to keep their home super decorated particularly bedding, I would recommend to add bedside table too and to grab small bedside table australia for their small space.

    ReplyDelete

Simply Ciani © . Design by The Creative Rise.