Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Happy 2013!

December was full of many wonderful memories! Madisyn went to visit Santa for the very 1st time & actually did really well with him! She sat on his lap and just kept staring up at his rosy cheeks. I think she was quite content! We also went and picked out our first real Christmas tree. In all of the years that I lived with my parents & for our first year of marriage, we always had an artificial tree, but this year I was determined to have my home filled with the smell of Christmas! So we set out to find the perfect tree! Yes, real tress are much messier and take A LOT more work to decorate, but in the end it was all worth it!





Madisyn took her very first step!


 Even my Niece had a great time searching through all of the trees!




My favorite thing this year: Our memory tree

I wanted to do something special this year when decorating. I knew I wanted to go with a rustic/ neutral theme, but I wanted to take that a step further... I printed out pictures of loved ones who have passed who can no longer celebrate the season with us. I want my daughter to grow up knowing where she came from and special stories of her grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts and uncles. It will be a new tradition for us to add to every year, to look back and reminisce.


One of my most cherished memories is my Mother helping me into my wedding dress & walking me down the aisle, all while she was battling cancer. She was the strongest woman that I have ever known & am proud to be her Daughter. I am so blessed to have had her by my side as her and my father gave me away to the man of my dreams. This Christmas was especially hard without her, without her traditions, without her love, without her laughter.


But life must move on... & with that being said, I am so happy that my Dad has found love again. We got to spend the weekend before Christmas down at the Hotel Del in Coronado looking at all of the beautiful lights and watching the ice skaters. My Dad's girlfriend, Peggy joined us. Aren't they just adorable together?!

Hotel Del Coronado - San Diego





Grandpa & Maddie Grace


Our pretty girl all dressed up for Christmas Eve



Great-Grandma, Grandpa & Maddie Grace


Of course, before going to bed we had to leave out cookies and milk for Santa 
& this year he sure did deliver!


& then came Christmas morning...












Our sweet girl had so much fun opening all of her presents & playing with all of her new toys!
Our first Christmas as a family was one I will forever cherish for years to come.
 Merry Christmas & Happy New Year...
from our family to yours!!

Post a Comment

Simply Ciani © . Design by FCD.