Thursday, December 13, 2012

Insta-Thursday: birthday planning & touches of christmas

It's Thursday! & Instagram sharing time...

Remembering back to this time last year, I was 9 months pregnant, awaiting our baby girl to arrive any day (my official due date being: December 28th). My Husband and I both were convinced that she would arrive early or may even be a Christmas baby... but as she would surprise us all, I went almost 2 weeks over due and our little miss didn't make her debut until January 5th! Little did I know that a year later, it would be so stressful to not only plan and organize Christmas Eve dinner, buy and wrap presents, decorate the house for the Holidays, chase after a very mobile 11 month old and throw organizing a birthday party into the mix too! Last year all I had to do was sit around and wait for our little one to arrive, this year, it's a whole new ballgame. I have gotten a little bit of a start on the birthday festivities and the invitations are done and now finally sent out! Being that Maddie is our little winter baby, it seemed only fitting to throw a Winter ONEderland party, but with a princess/ storybook theme mixed in! I am so excited to show you all of my DIY projects for the party too as I go along...





& all of it is for this little princess... 


The Christmas decorating in our home is just about complete, as it took me long than expected this year with a little one trying to get into EVERYTHING that was shiny & pretty

Before even jumping into decorating, I love curling up on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate and the Holiday editions of Ballard Designs & Pottery Barn magazines to gather some Christmas decor inspiration


So here is a little peek of our living room...


& the tree... (which is still in the process of being added to)


One of my favorite projects this season was to make these mason jar snow globes
(which I have to add, are ALL over our house in various spaces)


& my DIY chalkboard in the kitchen...


& of course our tree wouldn't be complete without handmade paper ornaments


One of my biggest joys was getting to decorate my daughter's room... 
The tree was actually mine as a child which I got to decorate every year. 
I am now proud to pass it onto her and continue the tradition




All of these little touches of Christmas make me happy :) 
Be sure to check back soon for my full Holiday House Tour!

& in the meantime, follow me on Instagram
@jenniferciani

3 comments so far

  1. Your blog is so inspiring... Thank you for such lovely posts Jen!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Jennifer! I love your winter wonderland ball themed birthday idea. I know it's going to be gorgeous! I went almost two weeks overdue with my little girl too. She was stubborn from the start!

    Wishing your family and very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Simply Ciani © . Design by FCD.