Friday, October 12, 2012

Favorite Finds Friday

Ok, so if anyone has been wondering where I have been... I have been finishing up some custom orders that I desperately needed to get done, so I have been a bit behind on my blogging the past few days! I am busy writing up a tutorial for another DIY pillowcase which I will be posting tonight...
To update all of you on what else I have been working on...
Anyone who knows me personally, knows that I am a Craigslist addict
& love searching through antique stores and small local shops.

(Jennifer Price Studio - SoLo Solana Beach)

Here in Southern California we have so many local shops where local artists can display and sell their creations. Turning their hobbies & talents into a business. One of the best things that I love about San Diego and all of it's small little beach towns is searching through their local collaborative stores such as SoLo - Solana Beach where I found an amazing booth put together by designer Jennifer Price - Studio.
I was overwhelmed with all of her amazing finds & would have loved to buy the whole store quite frankly! But instead I walked away with these adorable little state flash cards. One for my Husband's home state (South Carolina) & one for my family's home state (Oklahoma).


& I loved these wooden numbered tags from Jennifer Price as well... I'm thinking I may have to go back and get a few for our Christmas tree this year!


Next, as I was walking up towards the front of the store to check out, I came across a rack of beautiful printed wrapping papers. This one caught my eye and I loved that it looked like an old vintage chalkboard so I quickly snatched it up with a vision to frame it for our home. I think it is perfect for Fall and can use it to change up our decor for "back to school" in the future ;)


If you have never had the pleasure of visiting Cedros Design District in Solana Beach,
I highly suggest that you do! It is a small and quaint little street located just 1/2 mile from the beach, filled with tons of shops and delicious restaurants.

(Leaping Lotus - Solana Beach)

(This booth was amazing! Filled with adorable handmade beach-y frames)

After our shopping trip at SoLo, I headed across the street to Leaping Lotus. Another collaborative artist store, where I picked up this metal "C" monogram letter for $3 & a birdcage card display for $25


Our last stop for the day was the Antique Warehouse. This is one of my favorite & frequently visited locations for many of my finds. There are rows and rows of vendors. It takes a lot of searching, but I always walk away with something. This weeks take-away was this old book, for $4 (top book) which fits perfectly in with the rest of my decor colors!



Another one of my major addictions is Craigslist.com & PendletonYardSales.com (or) Bookoo.com
This is where I find all of my major furniture pieces that I re-finish.

This week's finds are:

Coffee Table $25

Side Table/ Nightstand $15

Trunk/ Chest $10

Entry Table: $35 & Coffee Table: $10

Nightstand $10

Keep posted for further before & after pictures of ALL these great finds!

Post a Comment

Simply Ciani © . Design by FCD.